A healthy alternative to your everyday chicken. Fresh basil really helps the peas pop with the addition of lemon juice & yogurt. A great summertime dish!
I came up with this recipe as I was creating my first ever 5 day clean eating guide. I included ingredients that would integrate into other dishes within the 5 days to keep a budget friendly grocery list.
Get your free copy of my first 5 day clean eating guide. Feel free to comment here, on this post your input on my guide as I’m always open to suggestions to make future ones better. Theres always room for improvement no matter what it is you do.
More peas please! Not only did I seek out something healthy to include with this dish, but I wanted to include something colorful as well as an ingredient that is often times neglected & served mostly as they are which could be a bit boring. Pea’s win the vote, combined with fresh basil, lemon & yogurt, they create a bursting vibrant flavor that won’t be easily forgotten.
Add everything together in the food processor & give it a buzz. There’s always the option to let it go a bit longer for a smoother consistency. I like a little texture so that it provides a bit of integrity behind the individual ingredients.
Served alongside Chicken with Basil Pea puree is Quinoa with Roasted Carrots, Spring Greens with Lemon juice & Apple Cider Vinegar. It makes a flavorful combination.
This along with many other healthy recipes are included in the 5 day clean eating guide. I’m on my journey of a fit & healthy lifestyle in which I hope to inspire others to join me.
I’m currently hosting a private accountability group on Facebook to help others to stay motivated & focused towards their health & fitness goals. We share recipes, tips, support & motivation to help keep each other inspired. Please feel free to reach out to me on Facebook by friending me: Susan Durham & message me that you’d like to be added to Susan Simply Healthy’s Wellness Group. We’d be happy to welcome you. It’s a wonderful way to make new friends & keep ourselves on track with our health & fitness goals.
Thanks for reading! 🙂
- • One 6-7 oz. chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise
- • 1/2 cup peas, steamed if frozen
- • zest & juice of 1/2 lemon
- • 2 1/2 tbs. plain greek yogurt
- • 3 fresh basil leaves sliced
- • 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- • 1/4 cup carrots, roasted
- • 2 cups greens with 1 tsp. apple cider, 1tsp. lemon juice & 1/2 tbs. olive oil
- • dash sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- In a blender, nutrabullet or food processor, combine peas, yogurt, lemon & basil with salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring a sauté pan or skillet to med. heat, season chicken with salt & pepper
- Add 1 tbs. of evoo to warm pan, then add chicken & cook 3-4 min ea. side.
- Remove chicken to a plate & add rice & carrots to pan to reheat. Serve alongside chicken & pour lemon & pea puree over chicken.