Oooh, I’m on to something. I got the idea to make these & thought they should be interesting. They are more than healthy & delicious!
Don’t they just look like trouble waiting to happen? Well, my friends, they are actually pretty decently healthy. I got the idea from a recipe I saw in an Eating Well publication preview. The fact that they are not only gluten free, but they are made with quinoa flour! I saw this & thought, what? Now this I gotta try, I’m sure glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised!
The original recipe called for almond butter, but I’ve been on a peanut butter kick lately & thought to use some of what I already had on hand. I especially like chunky & it worked really well here.
In order to create quinoa flour, I ground it in my Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System with the grinder attachment, it worked like a charm & this recipe only calls for 3/4 cup of it. I was skeptical at first as to how this would turn out.
I combined all the ingredients & poured the batter into my coconut oil sprayed parchment paper lined 8 inch baking dish. I baked them for 40 min. at 350 degrees.
Did I mention sinful? Holy moly man, I was shocked how good these taste! You just have to give this a try. You won’t be disappointed. Leave me a comment to let me know what you think!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 chunky peanut butter, (almond butter could work too).
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour (use a coffee grinder or high speed blender, I used my nutra bullet)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8 inch square baking dish with oil sprayed parchment paper.
- Beat butters together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs, brown sugar & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix quinoa flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients & mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until firm & golden.
- Let cool for 30 min.
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.