This is an incredibly rich dish that has been a Christmas Morning tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. It’s super deliciously comforting!
Tis’ the season to be merry & bright.
We started the holiday off at Chateau Elan for Daniel’s company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun!
For Christmas, we spent our time on Lake Rabun, GA.
Before going, I stopped at Trader Joe’s to pick up provisions to help make our time spent at the Lake House enjoyable & stress free as possible. They provide easy to prepare meals that are extremely yummy & delicious. As I mentioned in my previous post, I will share with you some of the goodness we picked up…
These ginger pancakes were incredible. Just add water! My husband, Daniel was able to surprise me with these a few mornings. I’m so glad he did!
For lunch, these porcini stuffed ravioli’s were delicious simply bathed in a pot of boiling salted water & sautéed with a bit of butter. Mmm everything is better with butter…
We splurged a little on these sea scallops, I sautéed & basted them in butter, & made a porcini risotto (in a bag from guess where?) as well as sautéed prosciutto until crispy. I picked up some Himalayan Truffle Sea Salt to finish it all off & whoa, what heaven in our mouths.
As clearly seen, this was one of my favorite meals of the whole week.
Another great, Organic Beef Sirloin with Lentils & these clever little Kale & Spinach balls with cheese, all pre-made & packaged ready to heat & serve. We weren’t disappointed!
She run’s the house…
All this delicious food, we had to get some good exercise. We went exploring…
As a Christmas Morning Tradition, I’ve made this breakfast casserole to enjoy eating after opening presents. It bakes in the oven & fills the house with delicious smells… This is a rich combination of sausage, cheese & eggs that would be way too much to have more than this one day of the year. That’s what makes it so special & something really great to look forward to.
It rained a couple days, but it didn’t stop us from getting our daily blood flow.
We stopped by Talulah Gorge on our way out & hiked around the rim. We were able to get 3 miles of solid fresh air & sunshine. This was a wonderful way to end this Christmas Holiday.
It was a perfect morning…
Using my new lens I received for Christmas, as you can see, I’m just getting used to my new toy.
We were able to eat a piece now & saved the other for lunch…
Until next year! My mouth is already starting to water for it now!
- 8 slices ultra thin pepperidge farm whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 Lb. ground pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Start browning the sausage
- Butter one side of each bread slice
- In a large bowl, crack all the eggs & add the milk, which together
- Once the sausage is browned, drain on paper towels
- In a 9×9 casserole dish, lay down 4 slices of the buttered bread, butter side down
- Add 1/2 of the sausage mixture & 1/2 of the cheese
- Repeat layers of the bread, 1/2 sausage & 1/2 cheese
- Pour egg mixture over & cover with foil
- Refrigerate overnight
- Next morning, preheat oven 350 & bake for 45 min., remove foil & turn oven on to broil & finish until the top is browned, about 5 min.