This marriage of healthy ingredients is super simple to put together & packs a ton of great nutritional benefits. Be sure to try a batch of this deliciousness!
Woah, where has the time gone? I best get myself back in the kitchen more often!
There has been a whirlwind of events happening which has taken my time from one of the things I love doing the most! That is finding & creating different yum’s to share with you!
So here I am, I’m dedicating a big part of my schedule to get back into the wonderful world of blogging & I couldn’t be happier. Did you miss me?
Soups on & there is not much else more comforting than this bowl of warm goodness…
Well, there it is, all put together in a bowl so they can start getting to know on another. These ingredients sure know how to throw a tasty party! There is the option to steam the kale for a minute or two to make it more pliable as well as bring out more of that beautiful green color. Something I plan to do next time I make this dish.
Did I mention that I found this recipe in a cooking magazine I picked up while standing in line at the grocery? It’s called “Dinner in 30” & has some really incredible healthy & quick recipes. I highly recommend checking it out…
Now I’m relatively new at blogging & I’m quite the perfectionist so my first order of business is to hone in on my photography skills. One thing is for certain & that is food photography is best taken in natural light. I have quite a long road ahead of me, but hey, learning is half the fun on this wonderful journey!
Lately I try to keep a batch of soup ready in reach so that when I’m hungrier than a snack, but not in need of a full meal, I have something healthy & easy to whip up. Soup is probably one of my favorite things to eat. Combining flavors to create one big one. Makes my soul sing.
Here’s to simply healthy eating!
- 2 can chick peas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.susansimplyhealthy.com/homemade-vegetable-stock/” target=”_blank” title=”Homemade Vegetable Stock”]vegetable stock[/url]
- 2 cups torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- In a blender, combine peas, stock, kale, garlic, coconut milk, curry powder, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Puree until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to pot & turn on to med-high heat & simmer for about 10 min.