This is undeniably one of the most simple soup recipes I’ve ever created. Just a few ingredients make this delicious soup that can be enjoyed any time of year.
It’s one of the hottest months of the summer & what do I whip up this week? Pumpkin Soup! I guess you could say this is my way of wishing fall to come a little bit earlier this year.
Living in the sunny south has been a bit more sunny that we would have liked already this summer. Needless to say, I’ve put together a 5 Day Clean Eating Guide & wouldn’t you know, this happens to be a featured recipe in there. I chose Pumpkin Soup because, (I’m really dreaming of cool nights under the star spanned night sky) I see all the benefits pumpkin has to offer. Many studies show that increasing plant foods like pumpkin decreases the risk of obesity, overall mortality, diabetes, heart disease, promotes a healthy complexion, hair, increased energy, & overall lower weight. Those are pretty good enough reasons in my book to eat more of this vibrant squash!
I always have a few jars of homemade vegetable stock on hand. I collect all my vegetable discards throughout the week in a container in the freezer & every other Sunday I’ll simmer up a pot for stock. I use it for everything, prepping grains, steaming veggies & making soups. I love soup.
Finding organic pumpkin in the baking isle all year round is a great staple for the pantry. It’s a great substitute for butter or oil in baked goods.
A simply healthy recipe with two flavor combinations that really compliment one another, curry & pumpkin. Go ahead, give it a try.
- • 2 tsp. olive oil
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- • 1 dash sea salt
- • 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- • 1 can (15 oz.) can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- • 1 cup nonfat milk
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med-low heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until slightly golden & tender.
- Add curry powder & salt; cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth & pumpkin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add milk; cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.