Few ingredients make this super tasty. These are generally always in my pantry so that when unexpected guests arrive, I can put this together in a snap!
So there it is! That fabulous roasted pepper dip – let’s get down to business!
Just a few ingredients make this very tasty, simple & healthy!
I always keep a jar of tahini around just to make hummus, quick dips & salad dressings. It’s super versatile. Tahini is ground sesame seeds, generally used to make hummus, it adds a creamy consistency. I only started using tahini recently after completing a thorough detox which eliminated all nuts, grains & legumes, (basically paleo). When making hummus before, I used olive oil to bring it all together but by using tahini, it cuts down the fat content & adds more flavor not to mention a creaminess.
I just add everything into my food processor & let it do it’s magic!
Is there a favorite ingredient you use to make your hummus?
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup roasted peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- large pinch of fresh thyme
- large pinch of sea salt
- couple grinds of pepper
- 5/6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to desired consistency
- Add all ingredients to the processor with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- With the processor running, slowly add olive oil until everything comes together & is to desired creaminess.