I love sweet potatoes. They are super good for you & I like making this soup as I experiment with different spices in my pantry. This recipe calls for coriander, one of my favorites.
One last cold spell in Atlanta before the spring starts to set in.
There is nothing better than to whip up a bowl of this simple goodness.
It’s easy, healthy & best of all, super yummy delicious!
Just seven ingredients, your favorite soup making caldron & you well on your way.
There is just something about the combination of these flavors that do it for me, the coconut oil & coriander really complement each other.
Once the ingredients have simmered over low heat for about a half hour, I use my handy immersion blender to combine & finish with almond milk & a bit more sea salt.
This makes my belly happy.
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Medium Dice
- 1 Sweet Potato, Medium Dice
- 1 Quart (homemade) Vegetable Stock, (or chicken)
- Large pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander
- ½ cup of Almond Milk
- Place a medium saucepot on medium heat.
- Add a teaspoon of Coconut Oil.
- Dice Onion & add to the pot with a pinch of sea salt.
- Allow the Onion to caramelize a few minutes.
- Dice Sweet Potato & add to the pot.
- Add Coriander & Stock.
- Cover & simmer for thirty minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes & blend with immersion or half at a time into blender.
- Add milk & more sea salt to taste.