Just about every quarter, I rebalance my health & nutrition with the help of the 3 day refresh.
This is the best way to kickstart a new fitness regimen as well. When your ready to get rid of the bloat & sluggish feeling, especially coming off the holiday season, this is the way to go!
The 3 Day Refresh is not a cleanse or strict detox, rather it’s similar to a short “reset” for the body. It doesn’t leave you starving by any case either. It’s literally clean & fresh food along with a lot of water, superfoods & fiber to get things moving. It helps round up the over welcome guests, if you know what I mean. 🙂
It’s 3 Days of the same menu.
- First thing upon waking, drink 8 to 10 oz. of water. You wake up on the outside, this wakes up the inside.
- Within the hour upon waking, you drink your shakeology. An alchemic blend of vitamins, nutrients & superfoods that fuel your body the way it needs to be. You may blend one serving of “vegan” shakeology with one serving of fruit, ice & water. I named mine “the chocolate blues” a delicious combo of chocolate & blueberries.
- Within an hour from breakfast, you have the option to drink green tea. This was the toughest for me as I REALLY love coffee, especially having a 7 month old to keep up with. I could feel a slight withdraw, but I knew it was for the best as I started drinking it again, I didn’t need near as much I as I felt I needed before.
- An hour after that is the “Fiber Sweep”. This may be the only serving on the menu that may not be as wonderful as the rest. It’s ingredients are: ground flax, chia, psyllium husk, stevia & lemon for flavor. Fiber Sweep contains the ingredients mentioned which are soluble & insoluble fiber which naturally & gently eliminates waste from your digestive system, while supporting healthy intestinal flora. Also chia & flax are sources of healthy omega-3 fatty acids which reduces the risk of heart disease among many other positive health benefits. This is mixed with 1 cup of cold water & drink it fast as the chia seeds start to gelatinize. It has a nice lemony flavor.
- For lunch you have the option of a vegetable serving along with a healthy fat. This is where you can get creative & add spices & seasonings. My selection for lunch was slightly steamed carrots, chopped fresh Italian parsley & smashed avocado. I dressed it up with lemon juice, paprika, fresh garlic, cumin & a touch of Himalayan salt.
There are two servings of Vanilla Refresh to consume in a day. At lunch, you have the option to add fruit to your vanilla refresh shake or eat it a la carte. I like to blend mine with ice, water & fruit. For this round, I chose pineapple. It acts as a sweet treat after lunch!
An hour after lunch is a healthy snack. Your choice of a serving of vegetables along with a healthy fat OR a raw juice. Since I was home for these three days, I chose to break out my juicer. I use the Cuisinart CJE-1000 1000-Watt 5-Speed Juice Extractor. It works wonders. There are 3 recipes in the 3 day refresh guide & I chose, “the zing.” It’s delicious!
- 1/2 Green Apple
- 3 med. Carrots
- 2 stalks Celery
- 2 slices of raw ginger
An hour after that has settled, you have the option to drink a decaffeinated afternoon tea.
In the 3 day refresh guide, there are dinner options complete with recipes. I chose two different options & fused the leftovers of each on the third night. Along with that you have the option to have an organic vegetable broth. Of course I did, I wanted the most I could get.
Coconut steamed vegetables. Steamed green beans, carrots & cauliflower with fresh parsley & a dash of himalayan salt. Lastly, a Tablespoon of melted coconut oil to dress them. The benefits of coconut oil are endless. To mention a few, it improves digestion, energy & endurance, memory & brain function as well as a boost to the immune system. I make sure to get this super duper food in any way I can!
Moroccan Carrot Salad. I LOVE these flavors! Lemon juice, olive oil, fresh parsley, fresh garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne & himalayan salt. So good!!
Organic Vegetable Broth with fresh parsley.
For dessert, the second Vanilla Refresh but without fruit. I blended mine with ice, water & cinnamon. Satisfying!
The Vanilla Fresh ingredients are: Oat protein, Pea Protein, Agave, MCT (medium chain triglycerides), Natural Vanilla, Stevia, Potato Protein, Luo Han Gao (Monk Fruit). Each serving of the Vanilla Fresh contains: 20g of plant protein, 22 essential vitamins & minerals, probiotics to help promote digestive & immune health, potato protein which helps curb hunger & best of all there are NO artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or sweeteners.
All in all, the 3 day refresh is a fantastic way to rebalance your body back to health. I take advantage of the refresh quarterly just to be sure things are running smoothly as well as taking responsibility for my health. As I approach my forties, I am becoming more mindful with what I eat & how well I take care of myself. Especially with what we risk in todays health.
The 3 Day Refresh Grocery List
- Vegetable Broth
- Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- A large handful of fresh green beans
- A med. to lg. bag of carrots
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Avocados
- Frozen Blueberries
- Small Pineapple
- Ginger (if juicing)
- Celery (if juicing)
- 2 Green Apples (if juicing)
Here are my results as I was 3 months postpartum. You can still see my linea nigra, (the pregnant belly line). I lost a total of 5 lbs. A lot of it was water weight, but none the less, it’s a great start to getting back in shape.
Contact me: email@example.com to know more about the 3 day refresh.
I am a team beachbody coach & I’d love to talk to you any time about your health & fitness goals. The 3 Day Refresh is a perfect solution to kickstart a healthy fitness regimen, or if you feel like you could use a short inside scrub, this is a fantastic way to go about it!