This is a must try salad for the summer! The combination of fruit, salt & spice sure wakes up the taste buds & satisfies the appetite when in the need for a refreshing pick me up.
Watermelon season has officially arrived! I love what the late spring brings in terms of “juicy fruit!” There are so many nutritional qualities to watermelon that it just makes this fruit even sweeter!
Since tomatoes are super ripe & delicious right now, I decided for these two to get to know one another a little better. Boy – Am I glad I did!
So I added a bit of a kick to this! The combination of these flavors make a party in your mouth! Be sure to take the seeds & ribs out of these babies!
I’ve been working out extra hard lately & with the temperatures rising, this refreshing salad is super delicious to eat after all my hard work! I like to enjoy it on my shaded patio while reflecting on my day. The goodness of summer time is here!
What are your favorite ways to enjoy watermelon?
- 2 cups Watermelon – large dice
- 1 large ripe tomato – med. dice
- 1 jalapeño – ribs & seeds removed. – sm. dice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta – add before serving.
- 2 tablespoons basil – chiffonade
- Coconut Lime Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- juice of one Lime
- 1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- large pinch of Sea Salt
- Combine all the salad ingredients with the exception of the feta & basil in a large bowl.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add all the dressing ingredients & microwave for 5 seconds to liquefy the honey & coconut oil. Add to the salad & top with the feta & basil just before serving.